Check If Backslash In String In Python
Want to know how to check if backslash in string in python, then you are at the right place today in this tutorial. I will show you how to check if a backslash(\) is there in a string in python, So follow this tutorial till the end.
To check whether there is a backslash in a string we will use if statement and check if there is a backslash in the string so let’s see it in code.
Program To Check If Backslash In String In Python
text = "hi \ how are you" if '\\' in text: print("there is a backlash")
Above is the program to check if backslash in string in python. Now to run this program you need to have python installed on your computer, If you don’t have then follow this guide: Install and setup python on your computer.
To run this python program, follow the below steps:
- Create a new folder for this python project.
- Open it in a code editor of your choice.
- Create a python file with an ending .py extension.
- Copy the above code and paste it in your file.
- Open a terminal or CMD at folder location
- And type this command python filename.py (Name of your file).
After running this program you will see that it printed that there is a backslash in the string. As you can see in the program we used two backslash to check because if we used one backslash to check it will give us error.
As you can see we successfully created this program in python. Don’t want to create all the files and folders then you can run this program now using this online python compiler.
This was a simple program to check if backslash in string in python. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and useful. Do share this tutorial with your friends who might need this program.
Here are some more python program tutorials for you:
- Python Program To Check If A Variable Is A Function.
- Python Program To Check If A Variable Is A Dictionary.
- Python Program To Check Even Or Odd Numbers.
- Python Program To Check Composite Numbers.
- Python Program To Check Whether A Person Is Senior Citizen Or Not.
- Python Program To Check Whether A Person Is Eligible To Vote Or Not.
I hope you found what you were looking for from this tutorial, and if you want more python programs and tutorials like this, do join our Telegram channel for future updates.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day 🙂