Want to know how to delete excel file using python then you are at the right place today in this tutorial. I will show you how to delete a excel file in python so follow this tutorial till the end.
Deleting a excel file in python is very easy and simple it is just 2 lines of code so without wasting time let’s see the code.
Code To Delete Excel File Using Python
import os os.remove('nameofthefile.csv')
Above is the python code to delete excel file. Now to run this program you need to have python installed on your computer, If you don’t have then follow this guide: Install and setup python on your computer.
You have to add path of your file you want to remove in the os.remove() function..
To run this python program, follow the below steps:
- Create a new folder for this python project.
- Open it in a code editor of your choice.
- Create a python file with an ending .py extension.
- Copy the above code and paste it in your file.
- Open a terminal or CMD at folder location
- And type this command python filename.py (Name of your file).
After running this program you will see that your excel file is deleted.
Don’t want to create all the files and folders then you can run this program now using this online python compiler it is fast and easy.
This was the python program to delete excel file. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and useful. Do share this tutorial with your friends who might be interested in this program.
Here are some more python drawing tutorials for you:
- Python Program To Convert MegaBytes To Bytes.
- Python Program To Convert Miles To Feet.
- Python Program To Convert Rupee To Paise.
I hope you found what you were looking for from this tutorial, and if you want more python programs and tutorials like this, do join our Telegram channel for future updates.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day 🙂